Thursday, July 14, 2011

My talk on faith .

I know I have not updated this is like a year! I keep telling myself I will I am just trying to figure out how to put my words .. plus having a journal keeps me from writing on a blog :/ but we all have facebook to keep us updated right? Anyways
I had to give a talk at church last sunday and so this is the talk I gave :]


I was asked to give a talk on faith.. The apostle Paul taught that Faith is the assurance of things Hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Faith is a principle of action and power,whenever we work toward a worthy goal we excerise faith we are showing our hope for something we cannot yet see.. We can excercise faith in christ when we have an assurance that he exsists, a correct idea of his character and a knowledge that we are striving to live according to his will.

Having faith in jesus christ means relying completley on him and trusting in his power itelligence and love it also includes believing his teachings, He has experienced our pains and afflictions and he knows how to help us rise above our daily difficulties In D&C 6:36 it says "look unto me in every thought doubt not & fear not." Faith is much more than passive belief we express our faith through action, by the way we live . Faith in jesus christ can motivate us to follow his perfect example,our faith can lead us to do good works obey the commandments and repent of our sins .. our faith can also help us overcome temtations In Alma 37:33 Alma counseled his son Helaman to "teach them to withstand temptation of the devil with their faith on the lord jesus christ."

The lord will work mighty miracles in our life according to our faith when times of trail come faith can give us strength to press forward and face our hardships with courage, even when the future seems uncertain our faith can give us peace.. Faith is a gift from god we must nuture our faith to keep it strong its like a muscle if excercised it grows strong if left alone it becomes weak. There is a quote I like by Martin luther king it says "faith is taking the first step even when u dont see the whole staircase" The savior promised if ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatever thing is expident in me.



then i ended with my testimony

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Great talk, Rebecka. :-) Thanks for sharing it!

Leaders said...

Great job Rebecka!! I would loved to heard you give it. You have grown up so much. Love ya

Leaders said...

Great bog!!! You need to come visit the blog I made for yw. I thought you might like to see what's going on in the ward.

http://thejrgirls.blogspot.com/

Candy